Wednesday, June 3, 2015

in which i find myself enjoying the daily grind :: farmgirl notes

Beep ... beep ... beep ... 

It's 6:45 a.m.  Time for the day to start.
There are cows to be milked, breakfast to be made and served, dishes to wash, laundry to start, school to begin, tests to take, lunch options to contemplate, gardens to weed ...

Sometimes I get so caught up in the daily grind and never ending responsibilities that I forget to savor the once-in-a-lifetime moments that happen every single day .... those unnoticed ones that will make the memories of tomorrow.  Will my younger siblings only remember me as the older sister that never laughed with them over silly jokes, never had a spare moment to look at their Lego creations or to braid their hair in their favorite style of five braids in the morning?  And as the busy body, the scheduled maniac, the focused one? 


Lord, help me to BLOOM WHERE I AM PLANTED. Help me to see the beauty in the smallest things and to remember to stop, savor it and then thank You for it.  Help me to remember to invest in the things that matter - the things that have eternal value.  Help me to treasure the things that You treasure. <3 

{some recent captures from the daily grind} 


G O D is good all the time, and all the time God is G O O D.

shadows.

bathtime.
i'll be sorry when she grows up.



large musical family pros: suds and songs last three times as long :D 

the new mandolin! 

necessity is the mother of invention.  who knew that a lemon maul and a pencil were sufficient play dough tools? i just found that out too =) 

cheers for long distance friends and senior photo shoots!! 

on mornings when you wake up late, hurry to see your mom off at the airport and then start your rounds of farm chores ....
your best option is to sip a cup of hazelnut coffee and listen to peter hollens and lindsey stirling :)

so begins the looooong job of filtering milk ..... 

reality. 


Because He Lives, Olivia Marie 

2 comments:

  1. Olivia! Awesome! Amen girlll! We all need to stop and pay attention sometimes... I can recall numerous instances where... I just didn't look at their creation or whatever. SO. sad. Good reminder!
    Oh, and yes, laundry? a reality? ohhh. yes. I did five loads yesterday. that'll be five. {for one day??!}
    speaking of filtering milk - do you milk by hand? curious!
    blessings to you friend!!! Chriddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true!! I try to remind myself that the 3 meals in the day, chores, schoolwork, cleaning, etc, isn’t what life is supposed to be about. Thanks for the helpful reminder! The photos are beautiful! You are your sisters are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!